This Privacy Statement was published October 7, 2023.
At Vulcan Manufacturing Systems (VMS), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with EU-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27, 2016. The purpose of this privacy statement is to explain when, why, and how Vulcan Manufacturing Systems collects personal information, uses the information it collects, discloses the information to others, and keeps it secure. This statement applies to those who visit our website, use our products, apply for positions at VMS, and to VMS's sales, marketing, and customer service activities.
VMS is metal fabricator. VMS is headquartered in Fort Wayne, IN as a DBA of Murray Equipment, Inc. The address of VMS Headquarters is 2520 Charleston Place, Fort Wayne, IN 46808.
VMS is the data controller and our Data Protection Officers can be contacted by email:
WHEN DOES VMS COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
- When you engage with us in person, through email, by phone, via social media, or on our websites.
- When you are using our digital products.
- When we collect information from other legitimate sources such as industry associations, trade show attendee lists, VMS distributors, software integration partners, public sources or social media platforms. We only use this data if you've provided consent for them to share your personal data with others.
WHY DOES VMS COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA?
VMS collects and uses personal data primarily for customer service and billing reasons. Additionally, we use it to perform direct sales and marketing activities. We also collect data about vendors, partners, and people seeking employment at VMS.
VMS may use your information for the following purposes:
- Provide product support and customer service purchased from VMS or one of its distributors.
- Send marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products, services, and events. This communication is subscription-based and requires consent.
- Reply to a webform completed on www.vulcan-mfg.com.
- Follow-up on an incoming request via email, phone, or in-person discussion.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmations, licensing, invoicing, and the like. The contract may be with VMS directly or one of its distributors.
- Notify you of any changes to our standard business hours.
- Process a job application.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In most cases we collect basic information such as name, phone number, title, email address, as well as, your company's name, contact information, and social media presence. VMS may also collect comments and questions included in communication and other interactions between you and VMS in the course of regular business activities. From www.vulcan-mfg.com, VMS may collect IP addresses and actions take on the site.
If you apply for a job at VMS, any data provided during the application process is collected by VMS.
HOW LONG DOES VMS STORE YOUR DATA?
VMS stores personal data for as long as it is deemed necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. VMS also considers long-term customer service needs and legal requirements. Therefore, VMS could retain your personal information for a reasonable time period after your latest interaction with VMS. When this personal data is no longer required or deemed relevant, VMS deletes it in a secure manner.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
You have the following rights respecting your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data VMS retains about you.
- The right to request that VMS corrects any inaccurate or out-of-date information about you.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for VMS to store such data.
Any requests to exercise these rights should be sent to (800) 348-4753 (USA Only) or
DOES VMS SHARE YOUR DATA?
VMS does not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with anyone without your explicit consent, excepting the following cases:
VMS Distributors & Service Providers
VMS may pass your data to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors, and other VMS partners with the intent of them providing services to you on behalf of VMS.
If Required by Law
VMS will disclose your personal information and interactions with VMS if required by law, or if VMS reasonably believes that disclosure is necessary to protect VMS's rights and/or to comply with judicial and legal processes.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
VMS reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found at www.vulcan-mfg.com. Check this statement occasionally to ensure you remain satisfied with any changes. If any significant changes are made to our privacy practices VMS will send an email notification as well as place a notification on the site.
YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A COMPLAINT
If you are dissatisfied with the way your personal data is being processed by VMS, you should first contact VMS via (800) 348-4753 (USA Only) or
If this does not resolve your dissatisfaction, you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).